QR and Micro QR barcode size with a specific version value

Discussions about qrcode barcode reading and writing
elisacosta

QR and Micro QR barcode size with a specific version value

Post by elisacosta » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi all,
I'm using GdPicture.NET 12

I generate QR and Micro-QR barcode using before methods:

public int BarcodeQRGetSize(string Data, BarcodeQREncodingMode EncodingMode, BarcodeQRErrorCorrectionLevel ErrorCorrectionLevel, ref int Version, int QuietZone, int ModuleSize)
public int BarcodeMicroQRGetSize(string Data, BarcodeQREncodingMode EncodingMode, BarcodeMicroQRErrorCorrectionLevel ErrorCorrectionLevel, ref int Version, int QuietZone, int ModuleSize);

to know size of barcode to be generated.

About 'Version' parameter comments says:
"Ref. parameter. The version of the QrCode. In the range 0 - 4/40. Specifies the
overall dimensions of the symbol.Use 0 to let the engine decide and return the
minimum version required to encode all data."

I have some problems using this parameter:
I obtain version value re-calculated also when I assign to it a value different from 0.

If I use the value of version not modified by 'BarcodeQRGetSize' method to generate image using method:

public GdPictureStatus BarcodeQRWrite(int ImageID, string Data, BarcodeQREncodingMode EncodingMode, BarcodeQRErrorCorrectionLevel ErrorCorrectionLevel, int Version, int QuietZone, int ModuleSize, int DstLeft, int DstTop, float Angle, Color FillColor, Color BackColor);

I obtain a valide barcode and an OK status, so version passed in to 'BarcodeQRGetSize' is a 'valid' version, but it is anyway owerwritten by it.

Is it possible to obtain value QR barcode size using a specific version value?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Elisa