Is there any different between V11 and V14 regarding IsBlank Method?
As I have just upgraded to V14 to utilise OCRPages method but just noticed that the IsBlank method returns different results for the same Multipage TIF image. The method was called as follows:
if (m_GdPictureImaging.IsBlank(m_ImageID, float.Parse(this.tifToPDFConfig.DeleteBlanksBlankPixelThresholdInt), true))
this.tifToPDFConfig.DeleteBlanksBlankPixelThresholdInt was set to 99.95
Note: before making this post, I have downloaded the latest version 184.108.40.206. The version that had the different result was 220.127.116.11.
We have changed the blank page detection in order to improve its accuracy. This change might request a slight change of the threshold under certain circumstances.
Feel free to share the impacted images in case you need us to have a look.
I attached my test images. This is the process that we have been using with Ver 11 for TIF to PDF Ocr:
1. Remove punch holes on even pages only using GdPictureImaging.RemoveHolePunch
- Note: Ver 11 does not have AccountForPunchHoles in IsBlank method and with Ver 14 I can remove this function.
2. Auto rotate
3. Detect and delete blank page on even pages only using GdPictureImaging.IsBlank(m_ImageID, float.Parse(this.tifToPDFConfig.DeleteBlanksBlankPixelThresholdInt), true)
Add or delete page based on IsBlank result with threshold = 99.95:
- GdPictureImaging.TiffAddToMultiPageFile(m_ImageID, i, tiffcompression)
- GdPictureImaging.TiffDeletePage(m_ImageID, i)
4. OCR using GdPictureImaging.PdfOCRCreateFromMultipageTIFF
Two tests was run with referencing to Ver 11 and 14 with exact same setting and Ver 11 seems to be better.
You mentioned the the blank page detection was changed. So is there an equivalent scale? As we have been using different settings for different groups of document.
I am looking forward to be able to use V14 with its OCRPages method and PDFCompression settings.
- (1.99 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest